- Stellar State Visits – The AughtsBy The HandbagSeptember 17, 2021Empress Michiko charmed Baguettes and you voted the 1998 Japanese State Visit to Denmark as your favorite. An excellent, elegant choice, all! Are you ready for aughts? Early in the decade, there was […]
- Random Royaling – Máxima and Mathilde and NatanBy The HandbagSeptember 16, 2021King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima paid a visit to the southern part of Salland in Overijssel, making various stops throughout the day. The Queen wore a new shirt and skirt combination by Natan, […]
- Designer Diaries – Elsa Schiaparelli and The Duchess of WindsorBy The HandbagSeptember 16, 2021Elsa Schiaparelli was a singular presence on the mid-twentieth-century fashion landscape. She was Italian, born to an academic father and an aristocratic mother. “Wild” Elsa eschewed a […]
- Random Royaling – Opening of Swedish ParliamentBy The HandbagSeptember 15, 2021It’s that time of year again. King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, and Prince Daniel attended both the church service and the opening of the Swedish Parliament for the 2021 […]
- Spam the Hemlines – Ankle Length and BallerinaBy The HandbagSeptember 15, 2021Our new Spam, thanks to a suggestion by the ever-innovative geogirl! Before we embark on this new adventure, let’s take a look at the hemlines we will cover. Definitions differ a bit (what is […]
- Stellar State Visits – The Aughts
To catch up on the last month’s posts, click here.