Less than one month to what might be the biggest event we have ever covered on this blog, and given some of the massive soirees we have witnessed here that is saying something. Let’s corral our general speculation, chatter, and coronation-related Bits here for the next month.
The redecoration is temporary so I can assure you Betty will be back in our header after we let Charles have his month of celebration.
May 3 and May 9
- Garden parties at Buckingham Palace
Friday, May 5
- Receptions for Heads of State and visiting royalty, Buckingham Palace
Saturday, May 6
- The King’s procession from Buckingham Palace
- Ceremony at Westminster Abbey 11:00 am local time
- Coronation Liturgy can be found here.
- Carriage ride through London to Buckingham Palace
- Balcony appearance Buckingham Palace
Sunday, May 7
- Coronation Concert – Windsor Castle
- Bette Midler, Lionel Ritchie, Take That, Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, Andrea Bocelli, Sir Bryn Terfel, Freya Ridings, Alexis Ffrench
- Big Lunches – Countrywide
- Evensong, St. Paul’s Cathedral (Duchess of Gloucester)
Monday, May 8
- Big Help Out
Further details can be found on the Royal Family website.
Original watercolour by Andrew Jamieson
Part of the Crown Jewels, the Coronation Regalia are sacred objects which symbolise the powers and responsibilities of the Monarch.
In keeping with tradition, the Regalia will be used at Westminster Abbey for the #Coronation Service in May:
— The Royal Family (@RoyalFamily) April 10, 2023
King Charles will wear George VI’s Robe of State and Robe of Estate, which will be reworked for his coronation. The Queen will wear a new Robe of Estate, and Queen Elizabeth II’s Estate Robe.
For more information on the procession route, see The Royal Family website.
- His Majesty, King Charles III
- Pages: Prince George, Lord Oliver Cholmondeley, Master Nicholas Barclay, and Master Ralph Tollemache.
- Her Majesty, Queen Camilla
- Pages: Master Gus Lopes, Master Louis Lopes, Master Freddy Parker Bowles, and Master Arthur Elliot
- Ladies in Attendance: Lady Lansdowne and her sister Annabel Elliot.
- Princess Anne, the Princess Royal
- Gold-Stick-in-Waiting, ‘protecting’ The King and conveying his orders to the Household Cavalry
- Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Reverend and Right Honourable Justin Welby
- Other roles are listed here.
- The Prince and Princess of Wales
- Princess Charlotte
- Prince Louis
- The Duke of Sussex
- Retired Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence
- The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh
- Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
- The Earl of Wessex
- The Duke of York
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael and Zara Tindall
- Mr. Peter Phillips
- Princess Beatrice and Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
- Princess Eugenie and Mr. Jack Brooksbank
- Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
- Duke of Kent
- Princess Alexandra
Approximately 2,000 people have been invited, but we are sticking to those confirmed here.
- 800 community volunteers and key workers (more here).
- First Lady Jill Biden
- Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa, President of the Republic of Zimbabwe
- Their Serene Highnesses, Prince Albert and Princess Charlene (Monaco)
- Crown Prince Fumihito and Princess Kiko (Japan)
- King Carl Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria (Sweden)
- Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary (Denmark)
- King Felipe and Queen Letizia (Spain)
- (Coronation Only) King Philippe and Queen Mathilde (Belgium)
- (Reception only) The Duchess of Brabant and King Philippe
- Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa (Luxembourg)
- Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit (Norway)
- Abdullah of Pahang (King of Malaysia)
- Margareta, the Custodian of the Romanian Crown, and Prince Radu
- (Coronation Only) King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima (Netherlands)
- (Reception only) The Princess of Orange and Princess Beatrix (Netherlands)
- Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Jetsun Pema (Bhutan)
- Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine (Serbia)
- Queen Anne Marie, Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie Chantal (Greece)
- Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie (Liechtenstein)
- Royal Highness Princess Lalla Meryem will represent King Mohammed VI (Morocco)
- KIng Abdullah and Queen Rania (Jordan)
- King Vajiralongkorn and Queen Suthida (Thailand)
Leave us any information you may have heard!