The first state visit to another country in the reign of King Charles III is now underway. It’s a bit truncated but still full of activity.
King Charles and Queen Camilla will be in Germany March 29 through 31.
- A ceremonial welcome by President Steinmeier and Frau Büdenbender at the Brandenburg Gate.
- A State Banquet will be hosted by the President and his wife at Schloss Bellevue.
- King Charles will address the Bundestag, the German Federal Parliament.
- Charles will meet refugees who recently arrived from Ukraine.
- Camilla will visit the Komische Oper in Berlin.
- In Brandenburg, Charles will meet representatives from a joint German/U.K. military unit.
- In Hamburg, both Charles and Camilla will visit the St. Nikolai Memorial and lay wreaths during a short ceremony of remembrance.
- The King will learn more about the port of Hamburg’s adoption of green technologies, meeting representatives from some of the firms involved.
- The King and The Queen will attend a reception with Hamburg residents and members of the local British community, marking the end of their State Visit.
The Queen and King arrived and were officially welcomed. The Queen is in a dress by Bruce Oldfield, a hat by Philip Treacy, and a brooch that was said to be from the late Queen.
The State Banquet was on, and bless her heart, the Queen put on a sparkly show. The dress is said to be Bruce Oldfield – not confirmed, but we do know that it is the Greville “Honeycomb” tiara and the City of London necklace. We need to point out that Frau Büdenbender looks elegant, and the men are oh-so distinguished.
The King and Queen began day two with a visit to the President of the German Bundestag, Bärbel Bas at the Reichstag Building. They continued on with a stop at the Wittenbergplaztz Food Market, and will split up with different activities during the course of the day. It’s a no boot day!
It’s a twofer of pins for the Queen today. Is that one of her Cosmos Clip brooches? Help me out, baguettes!
It’s a rainy day in Hamburg, and the boots are back and the fur-trimmed hat style are both back. Since they are a practical choice on a gloomy day, I will move on to the Anna Valentine coat and the Prince Albert Sapphire brooch. Brooch babes, are you watching?
The King and Queen Camilla have arrived in Hamburg on the final day of #RoyalVisitGermany. The Queen Consort is wearing an Anna Valentine coat and dress with a brooch given to Queen Victoria as a gift on her wedding day from Prince Albert. Pics by @ianvogler pic.twitter.com/lvu3mVgbzu
— Richard Palmer (@RoyalReporter) March 31, 2023
Back to school we go.
Add any photos or comments you find. We’ll be around with the official stuff later.