This event needs no introduction. It’s finally here!
Schedule, May 6
All times shown are local London times. Time Zone converter here.
- 6:00 a.m. – Viewing areas along the procession route open
- 9:00 a.m. – Seating begins for guests at Westminster Abbey
- 9:30 a.m. – Seating begins for Foreign Heads of State, Other Royal Families, and the British Royal Family.
- 9:45 a.m. – Sovereign’s Escort of the Household Calvary gathers at Buckingham Palace
- 10:20 a.m. – The King and Queen depart Buckingham Palace in the Diamond Jubilee Coach
- 10:53 a.m. – The King and Queen arrive at Westminster Abbey
- 11:00 a.m – The King and Queen enter the Abbey
- 12:00 p.m. – The King will be crowned
- 12:25 p.m. – The Queen will be anointed and crowned
- 1:00 p.m. – The ceremony concludes and the procession to Buckingham Palace begins
- 1:30 p.m. – Arrival at Buckingham Palace
- 1:45 p.m. – King and Queen receive a royal salute from the united Kingdom and Commonwealth Armed Forces in the Buckingham Palace garden.
- 2:15 p.m. – Working members of the royal family appear on the balcony with a flypast of military planes
- 2:25 p.m. – Celebration concludes
Television and Streaming
An event of this magnitude will be carried on all major networks. In the U.S., networks will begin coverage at 5:00 a.m. If you are live-streaming, check out YouTube: BBC, Sky News, ITV, The royal family Channel. If you have paid channels, Britbox or Paramount+ will be carrying the event. If you are watching through a cable subscription, look to these channels: BBC, PBS, ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, Fox News.
We’ll circle back with photos and comments when they become available. In the meantime, have a party in the comments.