The Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral will be held today, April 17, at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor. The ceremony begins at 2:40 p.m. when the members of the Royal Family will follow the coffin from the State Entrance of Windsor Castle to the Quadrangle. The members following will be:
- The Princess Royal/The Prince of Wales
- The Earl of Wessex and Forfar/The Duke of York
- The Duke of Sussex/Mr. Peter Phillips/The Duke of Cambridge
- Vice-Admiral Sir Tim Laurence/The Earl of Snowdon
The Queen will leave from the Sovereign’s Entrance and travel in the State Bentley.
The other family members in attendance:
- The Duchess of Cornwall
- The Countess of Wessex and Forfar
- Viscount Severn
- The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
- The Duchess of Cambridge
- Mr. and Mrs. Mike Tindall
- Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
- Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
- Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank
- Mr. Jack Brooksbank
- The Lady Sarah and Mr. Daniel Chatto
- The Duke of Gloucester
- The Duke of Kent
- Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy
- The Hereditary Prince of Baden
- The Landgrave of Hesse
- The Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
- The Countess Mountbatten of Burma
- In the U.K. BBC One, Sky, and ITN coverage begins at 12:30 p.m.
- In the U.S., NBC News coverage begins at 9:30 a.m. EST. View it on their network and/or their streaming service, NBC News Now.
- Canadian viewers can tune in to CTV News which will begin live coverage at 8 a.m. EST.
The funeral will also be streamed on the Royal Family Youtube channel.
Please leave your comments here. Baguettes live by this, but for visitors, I’ll drop our comment philosophy here: Please stick to the topic at hand and stay away from tangential speculation about family matters. Thank you.