The President of the Swiss Confederation Ignazio Cassis and his wife Paola Cassis will be in Belgium for a two-day state visit on 24 and 25 November, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Thursday.Belgian News Agency
Thursday, November 24
- King and Queen welcome the President at the Royal Palace
- Wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Visits to Parliament, City Hall, and the Museum of Musical Instruments
- State Dinner at the Château de Laeken
The welcome ceremony has commenced! According to Garderobe Royale, the Queen’s ensemble is a repeat Dior.
🇧🇪🇨🇭 The Swiss State Visit to Belgium begins, as King Philippe and Queen Mathilde welcome president @IgnazioCassis and his First Lady Paola Rodoni Cassis in a welcome ceremony in front of the Royal Palace in Brussels. pic.twitter.com/roYo31NS0P
— [Wim Dehandschutter] (@WDehandschutter) November 24, 2022
— Belgian Royal Palace (@MonarchieBe) November 24, 2022
Well this has been A WEEK for state dinners and capes. The Queen brought back this Armani Prive from 2019 (H/T to GardeRobe Royale). I feel she should simply live in the Armani Prive and Dries van Noten end of her closet.
She also wore the Laurel Wreath Tiara and her bow fringe earrings – she must have heard us all mumbling about tiaras and visits from republics ; ).
Friday, November 25
- Presidential couple travels to Liège and meets with the Governor of the province, the mayor of the city of Liège, and visits Saint Paul’s Cathedral.
- Concert at the Bozar with the Royal and Presidential couples
As the final activity of the state visit, the King and Queen and the Presidential couple attended a jazz concert at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels. You will have to click through to the last slide to see a photo of everyone. The Queen is re-wearing a gown from the Christmas concert in December 2021, and the designer is still unidentified.
Please leave whatever information you have in the comments!