For anyone who missed this: we will be back with an Open Post for Her Majesty the Queen’s funeral on Monday. The Dutch Prinsjesdag post will be Tuesday. We will have a new Hofdame Bits and Bobs on Wednesday, and will be offline for Thursday and Friday for a much needed break.
Schedule for Monday, September 19:
10:35 a.m. (local time, 5:35 a.m. ET): The Queen’s coffin will be carried from Westminster Hall to the State Gun Carriage outside the building’s North Door. Guests will arrive and be seated at Westminster Abbey.
11:00 a.m. (local time, 6:00 a.m. ET): The procession arrives at Westminster Abbey.
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (local time, 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. ET): Service at the Abbey.
12:15 p.m. (7:15 a.m. ET): The procession with the State Gun Carriage will set off for Wellington Arch at Hyde Park Corner. They will travel through Broad Sanctuary, Parliament Square (south and east sides), Parliament Street, Whitehall, Horse Guards including Horse Guards Arch, Horse Guards Road, The Mall, Queen’s Gardens (south and west sides), Constitution Hill and Apsley Way.
1:00 p.m. (8:00 a.m. ET): The Queens coffin will be transferred from the Gun Carriage to the State Hearse.
3:00 p.m. approximately (10:00 a.m. ET): The State Hearse arrives in Windsor and joins the procession at Shaw Farm Gate on Albert Road where they wll travel to St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. They will proceed up Albert Road, Long Walk, Cambridge Gate, Cambridge Drive, George IV Gate, Quadrangle (south and west sides), Engine Court, Norman Arch, Chapel Hill, Parade Ground and Horseshoe Cloister Arch.
4:00 p.m. (11:00 a.m. ET): The procession will halt at the bottom of the West Steps of St George’s Chapel in Horseshoe Cloister and the bearer party will carry the coffin up the West Steps of St George’s Chapel.
7:00 p.m. (2:00 p.m. ET): The private interment will occur at King George VI Memorial Chapel in St George’s Chapel.
Royals In attendance:
- Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako of Japan
- King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium
- King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain
- King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain
- King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden
- Princess Christina of Sweden
- King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway
- Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco
- Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece
- Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
- Princes Philippos and Princess Nina of Greece
- Queen Margrethe of Denmark
- Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
- King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands
- Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands
- King Jigme Khesar and Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan
- King Tupou VI of Tonga
- The Custodian of the Romanian Crown and HRH the Prince Consort
- King Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan
- Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan
- Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria of Luxembourg
- Crown Prince of Bahrain
- Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia
- Prince Kyril of Bulgaria
- King Letsie III of Lesotho
- The Emir of Qatar
- The Sultan of Oman
- Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
- Crown Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco
- The King and Crown Prince of Bahrain
- King Tūheitia Potatau Te Wherowhero VII
- Afioga Tuimalealiʻifano Vaʻaletoʻa Sualauvi II of Samoa
- The Margrave of Baden
- Hereditary Prince Bernhard and Hereditary Princess Stephanie
- The Landgrave and Landgravine of Hesse
- The Prince and Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
- The Crown Prince of Kuwait
- Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates
- Tsar Simeon II of Bulgaria
Sunday Reception/Westminster Hall Visits
Finally, in memory. With love and respect,
The Hofdames at the Handbag
If you would like to sign the Official Condolences Book for Her Majesty, you can do so here.