Well, hello again. We disappeared for the summer and are now popping up every other day with a major event. It’s autumn and it’s prime royal time.
The King and Queen will undertake a state visit to France, beginning today. The theme of the visit is to underscore the working relationship between the countries. The royal couple will visit Paris and Bordeaux. For those of you who are fans of sixties rock and roll (and who isn’t, honestly), Mick Jagger is reportedly on the invitation list for the gala.
From the royal family website:
- The King and Queen will join President and Mrs. Macron for a ceremony of Remembrance and wreath laying at the Arc de Triomphe, marking the shared sacrifices of the past and an enduring legacy of cooperation.
- His Majesty will have a bilateral meeting with President Macron at the Elysée Palace.
- Their Majesties will be guests of honour at a State Banquet hosted at the Palace of Versailles by President and Mrs. Macron.
- Their Majesties will meet community sports groups and well-known sports stars, to show the benefits sport can bring, particularly to young people, as France hosts the Rugby World Cup.
- The King will address Senators and members of the National Assembly at the French Senate.
- The Queen, together with Mrs. Macron, will launch a new Franco-British literary prize at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France.
- His Majesty and President Macron will attend a sustainability reception for British and French business leaders, to hear more about their plans to invest to protect biodiversity and combat climate change.
- His Majesty will meet emergency workers and communities affected by the 2022 Bordeaux wildfires, at the Forêt Experimentale, a site designed to monitor the responses of urban forests to climate change.
- Their Majesties will meet U.K. and French military personnel to hear more about how the two nations are collaborating on defence.
- The King and Queen will attend a GREAT campaign event in Bordeaux, which will showcase British and French businesses and will provide an opportunity for Their Majesties to meet members of the French and British communities in the city.
- The Royal couple will tour an organic vineyard, which has pioneered a sustainable approach to wine making.
Use this post for all chatter related to this visit. We’ll be around with official photos as they become available.