October is a big month for 18th birthdays in the royal world: Prince Emmanuel of Belgium (October 4), the Princess of Asturias (October 31), and Prince Christian of Denmark (October 15). This weekend is all about the last fella because his grandmother is throwing a gala to celebrate the event. Thank you, thank you, Queen Margrethe!
The invitations stated it was a White Tie event, so uniforms, orders, and tiaras will be worn. The event will be held Sunday at Christiansborg Palace, at 7:00 p.m. local time. There will be a balcony appearance earlier in the day.
Sunday, 15 October 2023
12:00 Prince Christian appears on the balcony of Frederik VIII’s Palace together with his family and The Queen.
17:00 The Queen hosts a gala dinner at Christianborg Palace, to which a selection of the country’s youth organisations as well as young people who have made their mark in the worlds of sport, arts and culture are invited, among others. In addition, The Royal House of Denmark will invite up to 200 young people from the realm to take part in the celebration in cooperation with the country’s municipalities, as each of Denmark’s municipalities as well as Greenland and the Faroe Islands will have the opportunity to select two 18-year-olds to participate in the gala dinner.
Tuesday, 14 November 2023For more information, see the Danish Royal Family website.
09:30 Prince Christian participates in a meeting of the Council of State, at which The Prince will make a so-called solemn declaration that he will abide by the Constitution. Hereafter, Prince Christian will be able to be appointed as a regent. Prince Christian will not have a seat in the Council of State before a succession to the throne has taken place.
Royal Guest List
We only have a partial guest list, so more royal folks may be coming.
- Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, and Count Felix (The Prince is a godparent)
- Queen Anne Marie (great aunt)
- Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway (The Crown Prince and Princess are godparents)
- Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Estelle of Sweden (The Crown Princess is a godparent)
- The Duchess of Brabant, Princess Elisabeth of Belgium
- Amalia, Princess of Orange
In honor of this landmark birthday, new official photos were released.
Use this post for your tiara speculation and for comments relating to the balcony and gala appearances. We’ll be back with official photos when they are available; hang tight because it usually takes a few hours for them to appear.
UfoNoMore has their post up with lots of dress identifications. Here is a quick rundown, but make sure to head over there and read all the details.
- Queen Margrethe – Pink Suit, brooch on collar
- Crown Princess Mary – repeated Soeren Le Schmidt dress/the Connaught Sapphire Brooch (gift from Queen Margrethe upon Prince Christian’s birth)
- Princess Isabella – Harris Wharf London blazer, Zimmermann top (a royal share from her mother), black trousers, and Valentino pumps.
- Princess Josephine – unidentified black suit and a lovely little brooch!
There’s some class A family coordination going on! Once, again, head to UFO No More for more details.
- Queen Margrethe – repeated Birgitte Thaulow gown/Pearl Poiré Tiara
- Crown Princess Mary – repeated Jesper Hovring gown (original incarnation)/Wedding tiara.
- Princess Josephine – Jesper Hovring jumpsuit
- Princess Isabella – Safiyaa gown/brooch bling in hair
- Princess Marie – repeated Elie Saab/Floral tiara
- Countess Athena – sequin dress (possibly Grace Karin)
- Princess Benedikte – repeated Wichmann Couture/Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Fringe Tiara
- Queen Anne Marie – Celia Kritharioti gown/Khediva Tiara.
- Crown Princess Marie-Chantal – Pink pleated gown/Queen Sophie’s Tiara
- Crown Princess Victoria – repeated Elie Saab/Princess Lilian’s Laurel Wreath Tiara
- Princess Estelle – Christer Lindarw gown
- Crown Princess Mette-Marit – Dundas gown/Diamond Daisy Tiara.
- Princess Ingrid Alexandra – repeated Pucci gown (royal share with her mother!)/ Pearl Circle Tiara.
- Princess Elisabeth – Natan gown/Wolfers Tiara.
- Amalia, Princess of Orange – Essentiel Antwerp/Queen Emma’s Sapphire Necklace Tiara (and the gorgeous lattice necklace!)
The post will remain open until Monday at 5:00 p.m. ET!