Housekeeping Note: Use this post for the Saturday night event, too! This post will remain open until Sunday at midnight ET.
The National Service of Remembrance, commemorating the contributions of British and Commonwealth military and civilian servicemen and women, will be held at the Cenotaph on Whitehall, London today. The service will start at 11:00 a.m. local time.
His Majesty, Charles III, will lead the nation in the service. Royal family members, politicians, and military members will lay wreaths at the Cenotaph.
The Cenotaph is available to watch on BBC One and BBC iPlayer on Sunday November 12, from 10.15am to 12.45pm. Highlights of the event will also be available on BBC Two from 6pm to 7.20pm and BBC iPlayer.
The King and Queen unveiled statues of the late Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip before the event at Royal Albert Hall.
Saturday Night Performance
The family gathered for a performance hosted by the Poppy Legion. Clothing rollcall:
- Queen Camilla – Diamond Flower Pendant Earrings and Diamond Serpent Necklace.
- Prince of Wales – Regimental tie of the Household Calvary
- Princess of Wales – Emilia Wickstead “Jorgie” dress, Queen’s Dragoon pin, Three strand pearls from Queen Elizabeth II.
- Duchess of Edinburgh – Me & Em velour dress, Poppy Shop First Woman of the Armed Services brooch, Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps badge, The Royal Corps of Army Music badge
- Duke of Gloucester – Rifles tie
- Sir Tim Laurence – Tie of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission
Sunday at the Cenotaph
On the balcony:
- Princess of Wales – Catherine Walker coat (rewear), Fleet Air Arm badge, Philip Treacy hat (rewear), Earrings of unknown origin (possibly related to the late Queen’s Pearl and Leaf brooch)
- Duchess of Edinburgh – Suzannah London coat (rewear from QEII’s funeral), Jane Taylor hat, Rifles badge)