At the invitation of Her Majesty The Queen, Their Majesties The King and The Queen of Spain will pay a state visit to Denmark the days of 6-8 November 2023.
Tis the season of state visits, and this one is long awaited! Use this post for comments related to the visit, and to any tiara speculation you might want to indulge in.
You can view the entire schedule here.
- Arrival at Copenhagen Airport, 2:00 p.m.
- TM The King and The Queen of Spain arrive at the Vilhelm Lauritzen Terminal at Copenhagen Airport, where HM The Queen, the Crown Prince Couple and HRH Princess Benedikte will greet them. The Queen and The King will inspect The Royal Life Guard.
- Official reception at Amalienborg
- Meeting with the Prime Minister, 3:40 p.m.
- State Banquet at Christiansborg Palace, 8:00 p.m.
- There will be speeches by The Queen and The King.
- Opening of business conference, 9:30 a.m.
- The King will greet a number of business representatives.
- Wreath-laying ceremony at The Citadel, 11:00 a.m.
- Visit at Copenhagen City Hall, 11:30 a.m.
- Visit at the University of Copenhagen, 12:10 p.m.
- Visit at Mary Elizabeth’s Hospital, 1:20 p.m.
- Business luncheon, 1:25 p.m.
- Meeting with the Speaker of the Danish Parliament, 2:55 p.m.
- Reciprocal arrangement at the Glyptotek
- Official farewell, 10:00 a.m.
- Visit at Danish Architecture Center, 11:00 a.m.
- The Crown Prince Couple and The King and The Queen of Spain visit the Danish Architecture Center and participate in a roundtable discussion on sustainable urban development and planning.
- Meeting with Spaniards living in Denmark, 12:15 p.m.
- The King and The Queen of Spain meet Spaniards living in Denmark at a reception at Moltke’s Palace in Copenhagen.
Day One – Welcome Ceremony and Gala Dinner
Rewears are the order of the day (and evening, as you will see!)
- Queen Margrethe – Fuschia outfit (rewear)
- Queen Letizia – her & Other Stories coat Carolina Herrera dress (both rewears), ruby and diamond “Dove” earrings, from Queen Sofia
- Princess Benedikte- Wichmann Couture dress (rewear), Launer bag.
- Crown Princess Mary – Fold coat (rewear) with a Scanlan Theodore dress, Valentino Rockstud pumps, Ole Lynggaard brooch
The evening brought out the sparkles, and some very cherished repeats.
- Queen Margrethe – Birgitte Thaulow gown, Queen Caroline Amalie’s Emerald Tiara.
- Queen Letizia – Felipe Varela gown (rewear) and the one and only La Buena
- Crown Princess Mary – Lasse Spangenberg gown (rewear), Ruby & Spinel Necklace Tiara.
- Princess Benedikte – Wichmann Couture gown (rewear), Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Fringe Tiara
H/T to UFO No More! Head over to see a breakdown of all accessories and gowns!
The activities continued on Day 2 – lots of rewears here!
- Queen Margrethe – Black coat
- Queen Letizia – Dandara dress
- Crown Princess Mary – Joseph coat, RED Valentino top, Dolce & Gabbana skirt
During the evening, we were treated to several rewear and a new piece for Queen Letizia.
- Queen Margrethe – Black lace top (rewear) and skirt
- Queen Letizia – Rotate Birger Christensen dress
- Crown Princess Mary – Repeat H&M skirt and black shirt