The biggest deal this month, or this year, really, is the Japanese enthronement ceremony at the end of the month. It will encompass events from the end of October to early November, with the actual ceremony on October 22. I’ll drop bits of information here over the next few weeks. This is the biggest event we have yet to cover here in our short blog life, so let’s read up! Rice is being harvested….
Rice harvested for Emperor’s Daijosai ceremony | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News https://t.co/m65qJ57cWe
— Prisma (@ImperialJPNfan) September 27, 2019
The following royal guests are expected to attend the ceremony (as of September 23, 2019).
- Philippe and Mathilde, King and Queen of Belgium
- Felipe and Letizia, King and Queen of Spain
- Carl Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria, King and Crown Princess of Sweden
- Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway
- Albert, Prince of Monaco
- Charles, Prince of Wales
World leaders :
- Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the United Nations
- Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission
- Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan
- Lee Nak-yeon, Prime Minister of South Korea
- Wang Qishan, Vice President of China
- Mike Pence, Vice President of United States
- Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
- Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of United Kingdom
- Emmanuel Macron, President of France
- Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
- Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan, President of Turkey
Some updates on the official dress for the ceremony from Prisma, on Twitter.
Clothing for Imperial family at the Enthronement ceremony:
Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako, and the Crown Prince Akishino couple will wear sokutai and jūnihitoe.https://t.co/jVyAxl1Ih0
— Prisma (@ImperialJPNfan) September 18, 2019
We’ll keep you posted as we get closer.