Note: This year’s National Day in Monaco has been overshadowed by the news that Princess Charlene is seeking treatment for some undisclosed issues. If you want to read Prince Albert’s statement, there is a link in the featured comment on Bits. The Princess is in Europe at a treatment center. We aren’t going to discuss or speculate on the nature of her treatment, where she is, the duration of her absence, or the family’s response, either in our posts or comments. I am positive Baguettes are wishing her well, as are the Hofdames. Her children sent a touching message to their mother during the celebrations, and we have included that in the post.
Click to jump to:
Prince Albert was supported by his siblings, Princesses Caroline and Stephanie, during today’s National Day celebrations in Monaco. The twins, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, also made their appearance. The entire celebration was lower-key and somber, due to the announcement about Princess Charlene and the continuing situation surrounding the pandemic.
Clothing rollcall (Hat Tip to UFONomore, check out their full coverage here). It was the typical Chanel/Dior parade:
- Princess Gabriella: Brunello Cucinelli coat, Tartine & Chocolat, Monnalisa beret and pink ballet flats
- Prince Jacques: Uniform of the Carabiniers.
- Princess Caroline: Chanel (sequined! look closely, also check out the Chanel Pearl heeled pumps.)
- Charlotte Casiraghi: Chanel quilted coat
- Tatiana Casiraghi: Dior jacket, Valentino skirt
- Beatrice Borromeo Casiraghi: Dior coat
- Princess Alexandra: Chanel coat
- Princess Stephanie: Alter Designs (her daughter Pauline’s brand)
Royal Hats has all the information you could want on today’s chapeaus, here.
The children sent a lovely message to Princess Charlene.
All the children from the extended family got some balcony time, which must be exciting for them! It’s nice that Auntie Beatrice wore a hat that can cover all of them from the sun ; ).
In my book, best dressed goes to little Princess Gabriella and her netted hat!
She has some stiff competition from her elegant cousins, though.
Some of the family – sans littles – showed up in support at the National Day Gala. Rather surprisingly, Tatiana Casiraghi is my favorite here.
- Princess Caroline: Chanel Haute Couture
- Charlotte Casiraghi: Chanel Embellished Dress
- Tatiana Casiraghi: Prada Embellished Gown
Let us know your thoughts!